- [S284] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby Co., Kentucky, Marriages, 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 17, Marriage of Samuel Miles and Anne Lewis, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Samuel Miles and Anne Lewis married 7 Apr 1802. Bondsman - Abraham Lewis.
- [S485] Lois Meyer, letter to Gladine Wade Kueber, about 1954.
- [S536] Elizabeth Ellsberry, Will Records of Shelby County Kentucky 1794-March, 1817 Dallas Public Library.
- [S808] Index to Shelby Co, Kentucky Wills, 1792-1913, Kentucky Department of Archives Roll No. 259249;.
- [S1806] George Dove, letter to Letter to Mrs. Hedges, November 8, 1978.
- [S1850] E-mail from Charles Cook, to Kentucky Queries Shelby County, September 21, 2000.
- [S1944] Rebecca Ann Eastman Ward, The Baskett Family including the families of Christie, Ford, Martin, and Shephard1992,.
- [S1961] Samuel Miles, Will Book 2, page 438, LDS microfilm 0599055, Family History Library,
written 3/11/1811; probated 4/15/1811
In the Name of God, Amen. I, Samuel Miles of Shelby County, State of Kentucky, being very weak in body, but of Perfect mind and memory, thanks be given unto God calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die, I ordain this my last will and Testament that is to say, Principally and first of all, I recommend my soul to the hand of God who gave it, and my body to the earth to be buried at the discretion of my executors, nothing doubting but at the general Resurrection I shall receive the same again by the power of God and as touching each worldly estate therewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life, I give and dispose of the same in the following manner.
First, I give and bequeath to Sarah, my Dearly Beloved Wife, all the stock on my Plantation, and all my Houselhold goods excepting two guns and one gun barrel, and Smith tools, the land Plantation and Mill. I also appoint for the support of her and stock while she lives. I, likewise constitute and ordain my son, Even Miles and Samuel Miles, to be my sole executors of this my last will and tesatment to defray all lawful expenses and collect all lawful debts and see to the repairing of the Mill, when out of order, for the support of my son, Benjamin Miles, which is unpotent. This to be my last Will and Testament, disannulling all others in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 11th of March , in the year one-thousand eight hundred eleven.
Samuel Miles (Seal)
James Christie, Jr.
James Christie, Sr.
Shelby County Court - April 15, 1811
The within last will and testament of Samuel Miles, deceased was proven by the oaths of James Christie and Israel Christie, subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered recorded.
- [S1963] U.S. Census Kentucky 1810, Samuel Miles, Shelby County, 1810, Page 234, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
1 male over 45
1 mail 26 to 45
1 female over 45,.
- [S1973] Descendents of Samuel Miles (born 1826); Latter Day Saints microfilm #0599054 (Lois C Meyer, probably late 1950's to early 1960's.),.
- [S1974] Descendents of Samuel Miles; Latter Day Saints microfilm #0481085 (Samuel Robert Miles, probably 1960's.),.
- [S2030] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Franklin County, Virginia,Samuel Miles and Sarah James power of attorney,page 46,
Samuel and Sarah James Miles were residents of Franklin County, Virginia, on 07 September1795, when they issued a power of attorney for the purpose of acquiring her legacy from the estate of her father Isaac James, who died in Pennsylvania: (Franklin County Deed Book 3, page 228, Abstracts of the Eighteenth Century Deed Books of Franklin County, Virginia, Volume II, Sara Motisher Beck, Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, Rocky Mount, VA, 1978.)
Whereas Isaac James late of the County of Philadelphia but now Montgomery in the state of Pennsylvania Deceased by his last Will and testament in Writing bearing date Oct 15, 1789 did give and bequeath unto Sarah Miles the wife of Samuel Miles ... a legacy of one hundred pounds, to the use of the said Sarah during her life and after her decease to be equally divided amongst the Children of the said Sarah... We Samuel Miles & Sarah appoint Samuel Duval attorney.
The deed, witnessed by Abraham Jones and James Miles, was recorded in September1795. John Drake and Benjamin Johnston were the executors of the will of Isaac James.
Another power of attorney, dated 09 September 1795, to receive a legacy of 100 pounds from the executors of Isaac James, deceased, which was bequeathed to Sarah Miles by his will dated 15 October 1789, was issued by Samuel and Sarah Miles to Samuel Duvall. Samuel Duvall then named Samuel Miles to be attorney for Sarah Miles. (Franklin County Deed Book 3, page 227, Abstracts of the Eighteenth Century Deed Books of Franklin County, Virginia.),.
- [S2031] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Franklin County, Virginia,Deed Samuel Miles 1795,pages 46-47,
On 29 January 1795 Samuel Miles of Franklin County sold 100 acres on branches of the south fork of the Pigg River in Franklin County to Abraham Miller for $100.00. The tract adjoined a road and land of Randolph Hall. The deed was witnessed by Thomas Jones, Jr., Joseph Hale, Benjamin Bristow (Brestow) and Randolph Hall(Hale). The deed was proved in February 1795, Sarah Miles relinquished her dower right, and it was recorded in July 1795. (Franklin County Deed Book 3, pages 271-272, Abstracts of the Eighteenth Century Deed Books of Franklin County, Virginia.),.
- [S2039] E-mail from Sally Steele, to Garril L Kueber, January 30, 2001.
- [S2443] William G Scroggins, William Bohannon (1730-1816), this source can be viewed at http://wgscroggins.kueber.us/Bohannon3_William_born_1730.pdf, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated September 9, 1998,.
- [S2664] William G Scroggins, William Cook (1730-1790), this source can be viewed at http://wgscroggins.kueber.us/Cook1_William_jr_born_1730.pdf, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated August 20, 1998,.
- [S3226] Mt Olive Cemetery, Fulton Twp, Rock County, Wisconsin, Lori and Tim Niemuth, Mt Olive (Sandy Sink) Cemetery, this source may be viewed at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wirockbios/cemetery/F4.html, reviewed update of September 2001,
Location: located on Manogue Rd. west of Hwy. 51 on south side of road
Evan Miles, died Jan 13, 1871, Our Mother and Father; Aged 92 Yrs. 21 ds.; ossw Catharine MILES
Catharine Miles, died Oct 21, 1872, Our Mother and Father; Wife of E. MILES; Aged 80 Yrs. 9 Ms. & 22 ds.; ossw Evan MILES.
- [S3726] Charles Edwin HUNGER, Gedcom file of Charles Edwin Hunger , downloaded May 16, 2007.
- [S4898] Joseph M Smith, Joseph M Smith Gedcom , downloaded received December 13, 2008.
- [S25655] E-mail from Sally Steele, to Garril L Kueber, May 3, 2001.