- [S4127] Vina Redding Metts, Kentucky Death Certificate Certificate 17797, died August 20, 1942, Family History Library,.
- [S4975] Arthur McMenama and Nellie Wade, marriage license and certificate,Shelby County, Kentucky, May 19, 1909, copy received from Mary Belle Cole,
Arthur McMenama, residence Bagdad, KY, age 18, first marriage, farmer, born Shelby Co, father John McMenama born Ireland, mother Lizzie born Fayette Co, and Nellie Miles, residence Bagdad, KY, age 18, first marriage, born Shelby Co, father A M Miles born Shelby Co, mother Fannie born Texas, married May 19, 1909, at the Catholic Church Rectory, Shelbyville.
- [S5321] Ida Clark Farmer, Kentucky Death Certificate 18569, died July 18, 1938, Shelbyville, Shelby County, Kentucky, Ancestry.com World Wide Web site,.
- [S5621] Obituary of Jessie Goins Harrod Galbraith, probably The State Journal, Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky (probably May 6, 1955),
Author: ahl Date: 27 Mar 2001 12:00 PM GMT
Surnames: GOINS, BUFORD, BRADLEY, WILSON
Farmer and former employee of Frankfort Cooperage Company
Born: Franklin County, May 28, 1877
Died: Last night, at King's Daughters Hospital, Frankfort, Kentucky(family records May 5, 1955)
Parents: Henry Goins and Ann Buford (deceased)
Daughters: Mrs. H. L. Bradley, Sr., and Miss Alice Goins, both ofFrankfort, Kentucky and Mrs. Norman Wilson, Lexington, Kentucky
Brothers: Sanford and Charlie Goins, both of Muncie, Indiana; Henry A.Goins, Frankfort, Kentucky and John Goins, Shelby County, Kentucky
Burial: Lebanon Baptist Church Cemetery - Franklin County, Kentucky
(Source: Unknown - Probably The State Journal)
(Handwritten date - 1955)
Note: Louis's middle initial is a 'C.' on this obit above but is Simeonas per LDS info.
- [S5624] Obituary of John Louis Harrod, The State Journal, Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky (December 4, 1920),
Wiley Obit Scrapebook
John Harrod, 66, one of Frankfort's best known citizens, died at his home yesterday morning at 5 o'clock after an illness of some time of a complication of diseases. He was a native of this county and the son of the late Horace Harrod, widely connected in this and adjoining counties. Mr. Harrod leaves nine children, residents of this county, four daughters, Misses Julia, Mamie, Corinne and Mrs. Purley Dowden; five sons, Lee, James, Leslie, Horace and George Harrod; three sisters, Mrs.James Moore, Mrs. Minnie Quire and Mrs. Annie Chism; and two brothers, Morgan and Charley Harrod. Mr. Harrod's wife died ten years ago. The funeral will take place this afternoon.
The State Journal, Frankfort Ky, Saturday, December 4, 1920.
- [S5638] Obituary of Forest B Moore, Journal and Courier, Lafayette, Indiana (December 28, 2006),
PUBLISHED: 12-28-06 5:00 AM EST
FOREST B. MOORE, JR., 84
Forest B. Moore Jr., 84, of 3851 N. River Road, WL, died at 8:15 p.m.Monday, Dec. 25, 2006, at Indiana Veterans' Home.
Born Oct. 9, 1922, in Frankfort, Ky., he lived in Indianapolis for 55 years and moved to West Lafayette two years ago. He graduated from Frankfort (Ky.) High School and attended Georgetown (Ky.) College and the University of Louisville. He married Mary Jeannette Russell on Dec. 23, 1945, in Nashville, Tenn., and she survives.
Mr. Moore served in the Army from 1940 until 1947 and received the Purple Heart, silver Star and Infantry Badge.
He worked for the Indiana Labor Department for 10 years and the U.S.Treasury Department for many years.
Mr. Moore was a member of the Downey Avenue Christian Church Disciples of Christ in Indianapolis, Masonic Lodge Commandery, Scottish Rite, Odd Fellows, American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars and Woodmen of theWorld.
Surviving are three sons, Ted Moore (wife: Pat) and Gerald Moore, both of Rawlins, Wyo., and Nathan Moore (wife: Cary) of Frankfort, Ky.; three sisters, Trudy Laing and Sarah Schearer, both of Frankfort, Ky., Patricia McDonald of Midway, Ky.; and a brother, Herman Moore (wife: Becky) o fPowder Springs, Ga.
Visitation 1 hour prior to the service at 2 p.m. Saturday at Indiana Veterans Home Chapel, Chaplain Guy Studebaker officiating. Interment Indiana Veterans Home Cemetery. Surviving are 9 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by a daughter, Brucie Jean Moore; his parents; 2 brothers, Roger Moore and Thornton Moore. Arrangements bySoller-Baker Funeral Home. www.soller-baker.com
Source: Journal and Courier (Lafayette-West Lafayette, IN).
Via J. L. Roe, jlroebet@@alltel.net,.
- [S5650] Obituary of Hazel Brown Stephens, The State Journal, Frankfort, Kentucky (April 15, 2002),
Author: AHL Date: 27 Apr 2002 9:18 PM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENS, BROWN, THURMAN, MOORE, JUREK, WASH, HARROD, QUIRE,WOOLDRIDGE
Hazel Brown Stephens
Old Soldiers Lane, Frankfort, Kentucky
Retired employee of Union Underware Company
Born: Franklin County, Kentucky
Died: Sunday, at Beverly Health and Rehab, Frankfort, Kentucky
Parents: John and Minnie Harrod Quire (deceased)
Husband: Everett Stephens (deceased)
Son: John L. Thurman, Frankfort, Kentucky
Son: Michael Stephens (deceased)
Daughters: Jackie Lee Moore and Patty S. Jurek, both of Frankfort, Kentucky and Jo Ann Wash, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Daughter: Betty Jean Wooldridge (deceased)
Burial: Sunset Memorial Gardens - Woodford County, Kentucky
(Source: The State Journal - April 15, 2002).
- [S5652] Obituary of Orville K Rodgers, The State Journal, Frankfort, Kentucky (September 9, 2005),
Author: AHL Date: 11 Sep 2005 1:34 AM GMT
Surnames: RODGERS, STIVERS, MUNSON, WEBSTER, DOWNEY
Orville K. Rodgers
Beechridge Road, Bagdad, Kentucky
Locomotive engineer for F & C Railroad
Born: Bagdad, Kentucky
Died: Thursday, at his residence
Parents: Robert Newton and Lenar Evelyn Stivers Rodgers (deceased)
Wife: Carolyn Munson Rodgers, Bagdad, Kentucky
Sons: David K. and Jon G. Rodgers, both of Frankfort, Kentucky and Mark E. Rodgers, Shelbyville, Kentucky
Brothers: Melvin 'Dude' Rodgers, Deerfield Beach, Florida; BernieRodgers, Frankfort, Kentucky; Donnie 'Bill' Rodgers, Shelbyville, Kentucky and Mike Rodgers, Bagdad, Kentucky
Brothers: James, David and Clifton Rodgers (all deceased)
Sisters: Louella Webster and Connie Downey, both of Frankfort, Kentucky and Caroline Rodgers, Shelbyville, Kentucky
Grandchildren: Four (not named)
Gt. grandchildren: Five (not named)
Military service: U. S. Army veteran - Korean Conflict
Burial: Bagdad Cemetery - Shelby County, Kentucky
(Source: The State Journal - September 9, 2005).
- [S5666] Obituary of Ethel Sheets, The State Journal, Frankfort, Kentucky
The State Journal-- Obit
Services for Mrs. Ethel M. Eastman Sheets, 95, of 15 Whitebridge Lane, will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at Harrod Brothers Memorial Chapel.
She died 7:25 p.m. Sunday at King's Daughters Memorial Hospital after a long illness. Burial will be in Peaks Mill Cemetery.
An Owen County native, she was a homemaker and a member of Peaks Mill Christian Church.
Surviving are three sons, Roy Sheets and John Franklin Sheets, both of Frankfort, and Eugene Sheets, Panama City, Fla.; four daughters, Ada S. Dempsey, Doris Louise Bibble, and Jewel Ann Rhody, all of Frankfort, and Mable Evelyn Post, Merced, Calif., 19 grandchildren, 31 great grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren.
She was the daughter of the late W. A. Eastman and Nancy Ann Hartman Eastman and the widow of Roy L. Sheets.
Dr. John Chenault will officiate.
Bearers will be Charles Dempsey, Gerald Sheets, R. J. Clark, Joseph Bibble, Brent Rhody, and Keven Rhody.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- [S5672] Obituary of Christine S Quire, The State Journal, Frankfort, Kentucky (August 6, 2006),
Author: AHL Date: 8 Aug 2006 3:06 AM GMT
Surnames: QUIRE, CONWAY, SUDDUTH, HARNEY, SNELL
Christine S. Quire
Oldest member of the Choateville Christian Church
Died: Friday, at Frankfort Regional Medical Center, Frankfort, Kentucky
Parents: Robert C. and Lily Conway Sudduth (deceased)
Son: Sonny Quire (deceased)
Daughter: Betty Jo Harney, Frankfort, Kentucky
Daughter: Nancy Sue Snell (deceased)
Grandchildren: Twelve (not named)
Great grandchildren: Fifteen (not named)
Gt. great grandchildren: Fourteen (not named)
Burial: Choatville Cemetery - Franklin County, Kentucky
(Source: The State Journal - August 6, 2006).
- [S5673] Obituary of Helen Hunt Sudduth, The State Journal, Frankfort, Kentucky (January 20, 1978),
Wiley obituaries - scrapbook collection
Author: Beulah Franks Date: 5 Mar 2001 12:00 PM GMT
Surnames: SUDDUTH, VAUGHAN, MOFFETT, GOINS
Services for Mrs. Helen Hunt Sudduth, 78, of Route 5, widow of Raymond Lee Sudduth will be Sunday in Rogers Chapel. She died Thursday in King's Daughters Hospital. She was born in Franklin County, to the late Jethro and Mintie B. Vaughan Sudduth and was a member of Mt. Zion Christian Church. Survivors include one son, J. R. Sudduth of Frankfort; two sisters, Elois Moffett of LaGrange, and Louise Goins of Frankfort; three grandchildren, Michael Grant Sudduth, Lamont Ray Sudduth and Helen Janene Sudduth, all of Frankfort. Burial will be in Mt. Zion Cemetery.
The State Journal, Frankfort Ky, January 20, 1978.
- [S5715] U.S. Census Kentucky 1930, J D Miles, Owen County, New Liberty Precinct, April 30, 1930, Page 2A, Big Twist Road, Dwelling 30, Family 31, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,.
- [S5717] U.S. Census Kentucky 1910, Dudly Miles, Owen County, Cleveland Precinct, May 5, 1910, Page 17B, Regent Branch, Dwelling 97, Family 98, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,.
- [S5718] U.S. Census Kentucky 1900, Jeptha D Miles, Owen County, District 1, June 6, 1900, Page 6A, Dwelling 109, Family 109, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,.
- [S10700] George W Pulliam, Kentucky Archives Death Certificate Microfilm 7016131 4125, died February 20, 1913, Bryants, Franklin County, Kentucky, Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953, Ancestry.com, Kentucky Archives,
Obediah B. Wade, a male, white, married, farmer, born 22 October 1836 in Shelby County, Kentucky, aged 74 years, 3 months and 3 days, died of unknown causes in Utterback Precinct, Franklin County, Kentucky, 25 January 1911. He was attended by John Patterson, M.D. of Frankfort, Kentucky, from January 21 to January 25. The parents of Obediah were Anderson Wade, born in Shelby County, Kentucky, and America Cheatham, born in Kentucky. He was buried at the cemetery at Indian Fork Baptist Church in Shelby County 26 January 1911. The undertaker was Rogers & Son. The informant for the death certificate was Waller Wade of Frankfort.
- [S12391] E-mail from Kim Loges, to Garril L Kueber, January 22, 2011.
- [S12774] U.S. Census Kentucky 1900, Elizabeth S Moore, Franklin County, Harvieland, June 20, 1900, Page 14B, Dwelling 287, Family 287, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S13924] U.S. Census Kentucky 1940, Columbus Chism, Franklin County, Bald Knob, ED 37-14, April 30, 1940, Page 16A, Stony Creek Road, Household 297, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S15522] U.S. Census Kentucky 1930, Robert Rodgers, Shelby County, Christiansburg, April 26, 1930, Page 12A, Bagdad and Six Mile Road, Dwelling 293, Family 293, Ancestry.com Census images, National Archives, Washington D.C.,.
- [S18970] U.S. Census Kentucky 1910, John W Sr Lawson, Shelby County, Clay Village, April 1910, Page 1A, Dwelling 9, Family 9, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,
Clark, Frank W, head, male, white, born Feb 1840, age 60, married 28 years, farmer, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Clark, Mildred, wife, female, white, born Jan 1842, age 58, married 28 years, four children, four living, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Clark, Bradley, son, male, white, born Nov 1872, age 27, single, farm laborer, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Clark, Willie, son, male, white, born Sept 1874, age 25, single, farm laborer, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Clark, James, son, male, white, born Feb 1876, age 24, single, farm laborer, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky
Clark, Lizzie, daughter, female, white, born Oct 1879, age 20, single, born Kentucky, father born Kentucky, mother born Kentucky,.