- [S408] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 Page 104, Marriage of Abraham Cook and Hannah Miles, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Cook, Abraham, Jr. and Hannah Miles, married 5 Sep 1822, Bondsman - William Pierson.
- [S416] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 67, Marriage of Samuel Miles and Sarah Miles, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Samuel Miles, son of John Miles, and Sarah Miles, daughter of Enos Miles, married 3 Aug 1815. Bondsman - Israel Christie.
- [S418] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 84, Marriage of James Miles and Sarah Miles, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
James Miles, son of Eanos Miles of Butler County, Ohio, and Sarah Miles, daughter of Samuel Miles, married 15 Dec 1818. Bondsman- John Miles. I do not believe this is the same Enos Miles but it is uncertain.
- [S527] Ermina Jett Darnell, Forks of Elkhorn Church (Genealogical Publishing),1980 (originally published 1946), Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
- [S819] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 (May, 1983), Page 54, Marriage of Samuel Prothero and Esther Lewis, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
Samuel Prothero and Esther Lewis, daughter of Jesse Lewis, married February 6, 1812, Bondsman - William Prothero.
- [S936] G Glenn Clift, 1800 Kentucky Tax Lists (Genealogical Publishing Co, Baltimore),1954, New Orleans Public Library possibly.
- [S1000] U.S. Census Kentucky 1850, Samuel Miles, Woodford County, District 1, August 10, 1850, Page 433B, Dwelling 119, Family 119, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives Washington DC,
Samuel Miles, age 47, male, born Kentucky, Miller, Real Estate 4000
Elizabeth Miles, age 50, female, born Kentucky
John E Miles, age 23, male, born Kentucky, Miller
William Miles, age 20, male, born Kentucky, no occupation
E Miles, age 22, male, born unknown, no occupation
Sarah Miles, age 18, female, born Kentucky
Mary H Miles, age 14, female, born Kentucky
Sam'l Miles jr, age 9, male, born Kentucky,.
- [S1356] Montgomery Co, Ohio Marriages; common Pleas Record of Marriage Certificates 1803-1851 Marriage of Enoch Miles and Sarah Rentfrow, Cincinnati, Ohio Public Library.
12 Mar 1812; Enoch Miles and Sarah Rentfrow.
- [S1502] Eula Richardson Hasskarl, Shelby County Kentucky Marriages 1792-1833 Page 120, Marriage of James Miles and Lucy Miles, Garril Louis Kueber Sr.
James Miles and Lucy Miles married October 21, 1824, bondsman - Samuel Miles, guardian of Lucy.
- [S1607] E-mail from Debbie Martin, to KY-Shelby list on rootsweb., December 29, 1999.
- [S1867] Marriage records, 1797-1839, volumes 1-3, LDS film 0259273 - Shelby County Kentucky Marriage Records 1797-1839, Family History Library,
A listing of Marriages signed at the bottom by Abraham Cook:
Jones (or Jonas) Johnson to Polly Crook executed March 1, 1815
Samuel Miles to Sarah Miles executed August 3, 1815
A list of marriages in 1822 in Shelby County signed at bottom by Abraham Cook MG
Abraham Cook jun and Hannah Miles executed September 5, 1822
Samuel Miles and Mary Vardaman executed April 3, 1822
Samuel Lewis and Elizabeth Flood December 17, 1822
Abner Sacra and Phebe Crook March 5, 1823
Stephen Ellis and Nancy Thurman March 27, 1823
Lewis Kesler and Elizabeth Hought April 23, 1823
Benamin Miles and Cisly Lawson May 11, 1823
Abel M Sargent and Sarah Bristow June 11, 1823
Willis Redding and Margarett Snook June 12, 1823
Hosea Cook and P__y Age July 14, 1823
William C Bohannon and Charlotte Radord August 4, 1823.
- [S1957] John Miles, IN Hendricks Will, John Miles, Descendents of Samuel Miles and Sarah James by Lois C Myer., LDS microfilm 0599055, Family History Library,
In the Name of God, Amen. I, John Miles, of County Hendricks, and State of Indiana, being perfectly sound in mind and memory, do this 19th day of August 1843, make this my last will and testament in this first place.
It is my wish and desire that the tract of land, to wit: 80 acres that I have in the state of Indiana, which I and bequeath to my grandson, Alfred Cook, son of my daughter, Hannah that married William Cook, Township 16, Section 5 East 1/2 South-east 1/4, and if my grandson Alfred Cook should depart this life having no heirs of his own body, the aforesaid 80 acres of land shall descend to my son, John Miles, and to my son, Isaac Miles, and to my son Elisha Miles. Further, it is my wish and desire that William M Rodgers shall have $10 to be appropriated by him in paying the taxes that may arise in the above foresaid 80 acres of land, and furhter it is my wish and desire that William M Rodgers shall have the money that now is in the hands of my son, Samuel Miles for three (3) years, then I wish him to pay $40 of it to my son, Elisha Miles, just as it suits them in property or money, and further if is my wish that William M Rodgers shall have my mare and saddle and bridle, but my son, Elisha Miles is to have the use and benefit of her as though she was his own. --not finished--.
- [S1962] Deceased, to Benjamin Miles. Heirs of Samuel Miles, transcript from LDS microfilm 0599055, Lois Myer records on Samuel Miles., November 4, 1815, Deed Book M: page 456. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Heirs of Samuel Miles, deceased, deeded their interest in home place to Benjamin Miles. Signed: John Miles, Isaac Miles, Enos Miles, Samuel Miles, Evan Miles, James Miles, Sarah Bristow, and Thomas Prathers, husband of Hannah.
- [S2034] William Gilbert Scroggins, File on Royal Wade, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 26, 1998,Franklin County, Virginia,Hannah Miles deed 1796,page 65,
Hannah Miles and Thomas Prothero were married before 03 October 1796 when, as residents of Franklin County, Virginia, they sold 35 acres of land there on branches of Island Run of Pigg River to Mary Troup of Franklin County for 15 pounds current money of Virginia. Thomas signed the deed with a script T mark before witnesses Robert Henry, Turpin Rentfro and Sarah Rentfro. Hannah relinquished her dower right and the conveyance was recorded in October 1796 (Franklin County Deed Book 3, page 387, Abstracts of the Eighteenth Century Deed Books of Franklin County, Virginia, Volume II.),.
- [S2098] E-mail from Sally Steele, to Garril L Kueber, April 23, 2001.
- [S2393] E-mail from Charles Lockwood, to Garril L Kueber, March 9, 2002.
- [S2671] William G Scroggins, Crook Absalom (1742-1806), this source can be viewed at http://wgscroggins.kueber.us/Crook1_Absalom.pdf, Garril Louis Kueber Sr,unpublished, last updated June 19, 1998,.
- [S3580] U.S. Census Indiana 1850, Isaac Miles, Clay County, Washington Township, October 19, 1850, Page 232B, Dwelling 150, Family 150, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,
Miles, Isaac, age 50, male, farmer, born Kentucky
Miles, Elizabeth, age 50, female, born Kentucky,.
- [S11896] U.S. Census Indiana 1850, Thomas Johnson, Jefferson County, Shelby Township, September 14, 1850, Page 227A, Dwelling 227, Family 229, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.
- [S11932] U.S. Census Indiana 1850, Andrew Sample, Switzerland County, Craig Township, September 14, 1850, Page 362A & 362B, Dwelling 148, Family 148, Ancestry.com census images, National Archives, Washington DC,.